Delhi Metro commuters can now recharge their smart cards through Amazon Pay on the Amazon shopping app. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) introduced a new provision of recharging the Delhi Metro smart cards through Amazon Pay, for the convenience of commuters amid the COVID-19 pandemic. According to a statement issued by DMRC, metro commuters can simply access the official Amazon shopping app to avail the recharging facility. In case, one has an account on the Amazon app or website, then recharging the Delhi Metro smart card will be easier. (Also Read: Delhi Metro Red Line Stations Redeveloped: All You Need To Know )
Here’s how you can recharge your Delhi Metro Smart Card through Amazon Pay:
- Click on the ‘Metro Recharge’ option under the Amazon Pay tab.
- Enter your correct Delhi Metro Smart card number.
- Select any amount between Rs 100 – Rs 2000
- After the successful payment, tap the card at the automatic vending machine (AVM) at any Delhi Metro station
- Select the ‘top-up’ option to add the balance to the smart card.
Recently, Delhi Metro authorities introduced other initiatives in order to facilitate the easy top-up of Delhi Metro smart cards or sale of Delhi Metro tokens in order to keep away queues at metro stations, and also to save commuters’ time. (Also Read: Here’s How To Use National Common Mobility Card On Delhi Metro Airport Express Line )
These new services include the launch of Delhi Metro Combo Cards with banks, Delhi Metro smart card top-up through token vending machines (TVMs), credit or debit card transaction facility at metro stations, UPI, e-wallets, or net banking facility using dmrcsmartcard.com.